Keep your friends and family healthy this summer by adding this simple test to your maintenance routine.
The Watersafe Bacteria Test is an antibody-based rapid test kit that detects the presence of bacteria in swimming pools and spas. The Watersafe Bacteria Test detects E.coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, species of Shigella, Enterobacter, and many other coliform and non-coliform bacteria.
- Under 20
minutes, no incubation necessary
- On-site, no transit of sample
- No chemicals to add or measure
- No power source
- Simple to use for hot tub spas & swimming pool
- 10 Tests per box
Keep your friends and family healthy this summer by adding this simple test to your maintenance routine. This bacteria test is an antibody-based rapid test kit that detects the presence of bacteria in swimming pools and spas. This bacteria test detects E.coli, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, species of Shigell, Enterobacter, and many other coliform and non-coliform bacteria.
This bacteria test is affordable (under $4 per test), fast (under twenty minutes from start to finish) and yields reliable, lab-accurate results on the spot. With its combined ease of use, speed, and affordability, there is no other test like it on the market! This test brings new levels of pool safety to every customer.
- Open foil pouch and take out all contents.
- Using a clean dropper, place exactly ONE dropper-full of water into the sample vial. To draw up sample, tightly squeeze the bulb at the end of the dropper and place the open end into water sample. Release the bulb to pick up sample, then squeeze again to expel sample into vial.
- Gently swirl vial. Let stand seven (7) minutes. Swirl vial again and return vial to flat surface.
- Place test strip into sample vial with arrows pointing down.
- Wait 10 minutes. Do not disturb strip or vial during this time. Reddish lines will appear on strips.
- Take strip out of the vial and read results.
Negative: Only one line, next to number 2, is present means the hot tub/pool IS safe and can be used.
Positive: Line 1 and Line 2 are present means the hot tub/pool is not safe to swim in. Line 1 may be lighter in intensity or equal in intensity to line 2.
If no lines appear, the test is not valid. Repeat procedure, starting with Step 1, with a new test kit.
If the test is positive, your water sample may contain bacteria levels that are dangerous to your health.